If you have received a letter or notice from the IRS and aren’t sure what to do about it, we can help.
If you receive an IRS Notice:
- Don't panic.
- The IRS notice may contain incorrect information.
- Read the notice carefully.
- DO NOT IGNORE the notice or throw it away. IRS notices contain a reply by date and they must be followed.
- Follow the instructions on the notice and make copies.
- If you need more time to respond, ask the IRS for an extension.
- Check the IRS notice against your own records and tax return.
- Get help. Never represent yourself.